Paper Swarm (Su): Your scrollblades can disassemble themselves upon striking an enemy’s armor, creeping into the chinks and striking the enemy from beneath its protections. As a free action when making an attack with a scrollblade, you may spend 1 point from your arcane pool. If you do, treat your attack as a touch attack. The weapon used to make this attack is destroyed whether or not the attack succeeds. You must be a wizard of the paper school to select this discovery.
Scroll Shield (Sp): You can form a mobile barrier of hardened paper around you. It hovers in a circle and attempts to protect you from harm. Activating and dismissing this ability is a standard action. You receive a +2 shield bonus to AC. At 5th-level and every 5 levels thereafter, this bonus increases by 1. A successful attack roll against you disperses the shield. You can reform the barrier as a standard action; otherwise, it reforms itself 1d4+1 rounds after dispersion. You must be a wizard of the paper school to select this discovery.
Specialty Scrollblade (Su): Choose a school of magic. You receive a +1 insight bonus on attack and damage rolls with a scrollblade whose highest-level spell is of that school. You may take this arcane discovery multiple times; each time, it applies to a different school of magic. You must be a wizard of the paper school to select this discovery.
Greater Specialty Scrollblade (Sp): Choose a school of magic for which you have taken the specialty scrollblade arcane discovery. You add an effect to your strikes with scrollblades of the chosen school, as follows. The save against one of these effects is equal to 10 + the scrollblade's effective enhancement bonus + the wizard's Intelligence modifier.
- Abjuration: Lowers enemy's SR by 5 for 1 round unless it makes a Will save. This decrease does not stack with itself, and only applies to spells cast by the scrollmaster.
- Conjuration: Glitterdust blinds the struck enemy for 1 round unless the enemy makes a Will save.
- Divination: Reveals Intelligence score of struck enemy. Unless enemy makes a Will save, you detect 1 of its surface thoughts.
- Enchantment: Enemy must make a Will save or be dazed for 1 round.
- Evocation: Enemy takes 1d6 fire damage, plus 1d6 fire damage per 5 wizard levels (Reflex half).
- Illusion: Enemy must make a Will save or become fascinated for 1 minute.
- Necromancy: Enemy must make a Fortitude save or become fatigued for 1 minute.
- Transmutation: Enemy must make a Will save or become staggered for 2 rounds.